Wednesday 2 October 2013

Cha-Cha on my friends.....

Gearing up for the penultimate dose (thurs), my thoughts are somewhat anxious (knowing what’s in store this time) coupled with anger and a sickening feeling deep down in my stomach at having to do this awful treatment regime. I've had a lot of 'why me' days again of late but, luckily, they've been mixed with some really lovely, distracting times with family and friends to soften the blow for what’s in store tomorrow and beyond. We've had some fun dinners out, glorious walks and well needed catch ups. The kiddies are on good form too but, as a result of all the above, I'm a little exhausted (again!) – but, it’s a positive tiredness if that makes sense and it will carry me through the next few days to help banish the terrors and keep feisty strong ready for this dose. 

The only blip is that I've had a pic line infection – boooooo.  So, antibiotics for me but, after the initial dismay, I'm now taking the attitude that if this is the only blip I have then I'll take it and go with it!

I'd just like to take this chance again to say a heartfelt thank you to friends and family for their continued support, shoulders to cry on, phone calls, logistical help and, most importantly, the steady stream of culinary delights we have been treated to. It all means so much, is unbelievably helpful and gratefully received. 

So, with positive thoughts and a sprinkling of fairy dust, it’s on to the next leg of this mountain climb.........this time with the summit in sight! Hurrah! 






2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the last infusion and keep on with the cha-cha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nicola, sending you a good morning wave. Im such an avid reader of your blog that im preferring it to books at the mo. Hope the dose you mention here went okay and you are up and about. Just got back from sunny stockholm so gearing up for work today.....groan! Lots of love and conkers to you and the family. X ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to travel this journey with me.