Wednesday 25 September 2013

Mad Pete

Honestly, I cannot tell you how surreal my life has become over this last couple of days. I’ve gone from being so ill on Friday and seriously doubting if I was going to make Tilly’s birthday party on Sunday… to getting up and about on Saturday, washed, dressed and pottering around - still needing to rest but, most importantly, out of bed for a good portion of the day… to the village hall on Sunday for a joint party for Tilly and the lovely Sophie and 28 of their friends, hosted by the one and only Mad Pete – children’s entertainer and generally bonkers. The children LOVED him! But guess who he had to pick on… oh yes... Tilly’s Mummy – just recovering from a week of hideous chemo side effects and wearing Wilma out in public. Bloody typical! So, before I knew it, he had me up in front of the children, spinning four plates with my hands and one on a party hat. You had to see it to believe it!

Ta-da


Well, all I can say is that everyone feeling poorly should have a good dose of Mad Pete for entertainment - truly a tonic!

So, besides this, the party was a HUGE success and Mummy made it… Hooray!  One very, very happy 6-year old. And I am SO happy to be up and running again and feeling a little more full of life. The side effects still prevail but I’m trying hard to not let them get me down and focus now on the recuperation before the 5th GD dose next week. Here’s to some of the nice things in life, a few treats and some time with friends over the coming days...






1 comment:

  1. Glad mad pete got you spinning again. Looks like a great birthday bash! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to travel this journey with me.