Monday 2 September 2013

Post 3rd dose, post Birthday - Sunday 25th August

As I’ve mentioned in the previous post, a big thank you to Granny again for holding the reins on Dose 3 day and thereafter. All went well. I was a bit knocked out on return from hospital but the next day no sickness again - BIG hooray - and I'm coping with the other side effects well. Trying to embrace the dreaded steroids again, on the second night (which seems to be when they kick in) I got 2 hours sleep, 3 hours awake and then snoozed for another couple of hours. Last night was similar but I was up today at 5.30, cleaned downstairs and did lots of blog catching up! I even hammered a picture nail into the wall at 6.30… sorry, neighbours! Quite hilarious really! It’s a bit of a pain but I seem to be at my most productive for the day! So, apologies if you receive FB messages/texts at random hours but strike while the brain's hot, right?? Or while the brain is actually working! Needless to say, I start to lose it slightly as the day goes on but, hey, that’s why my cosy bed is up there to catch me when I fall! In fact today was a classic, I stood in the shower, about to turn it on, fully clothed! Yep, officially bonkers. And according to Wayne, I can now add amnesia to my list of ailments. Triffic!

We managed a wonderful Birthday, thanks to Wayne and the generosity of so many friends. Delicious, scrummy fry up and company in the afternoon and I lasted until 9pm and then crashed. No bubbles this year but I'm looking forward to plans of celebrations/parties when this is all behind us. Ideas welcome!!



Day two of celebrations today at Granny's house with Sis Emma et al and Bro Rupert. I cannot wait to see Tilly again. She’s been massively entertained by Granny, looking after the neighbour’s chickens and having to go and put them to bed each night, wake them up in the morning and collect eggs. What an adventure! Made even more so by Granny's traumas with misbehaving Bantams…giggle! Not sure she will be investing in her own any time soon!

We managed a quick walk into the woods today before leaving - not a huge amount going on, just oodles of blackberries waiting to burst, beautiful ferns and lots of surrounding hay bailed fields. It feels like I am definitely up and running faster after each dose – and long may it last too!

My favourite oak tree in Oaksey.




So, now I’ve done the first 3 doses (sorry for repeating this SO many times!!) the chemotherapy changes to a new one for the next 3 doses - TAXOTERE. I'm a little apprehensive, to say the least, and have heard mixed reports about the side effects but I'm hoping I can carry on with the same amount of normality I’m experiencing at the moment. Please, please, please! Yes, yes, yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to travel this journey with me.