Monday 1 July 2013

Chemo Countdown.......

A trip to London - hoorah! Due to my type of C, there is an increased risk (albeit minute) of it being a genetic cause so I had an appointment with the Genetics team, which happens to be at the Fulham Rd branch of the Marsden. Don't mind if I do! So, a night away for hubby and I - thanks to dear Granny - with old friends up in the big smoke. Yey! Such fun – a day mooching on Kings Rd and a night out in Soho. A real tonic for us both and great to just kick back and forget about C world. Incidentally, I fell completely off the C healthy wagon!!! Christopher Hilton, Emma and I thought of you as we met at Eros and raised our glasses!



Arrived back home on Saturday lunchtime to a letter from the hospital. Mmmmmm, I had an inkling what it was but couldn’t bring myself to open it – I just stared at it for a while. Then, I took myself off upstairs to open it and, as I suspected, it was the chemo start date. I felt winded, like a punch in the solar plexus again. Not sure why - after all, it’s what I’ve been waiting for all these weeks. But to see it in writing completely traumatised me. And guess which day it starts??? Yep, Wayne’s birthday…FFS.

'Chemotherapy Nicola Clarke Thursday 11th July 2013 - Chair 2!'

Unbelievable! Or not – I guess it was going to hit one of the birthdays, wasn’t it?!
I think I’m actually more upset than Wayne– I can’t get over the thought of him having to go to hospital to see his wife receive chemo on his birthday. Whereas he is more matter of fact about it and seems to be in the mindset of getting on with this.

SO, newsflash…….Wayne’s Birthday has now been changed to 10th July in this shitter of a year 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to travel this journey with me.