Wednesday 10 July 2013

The Last Supper

So, its 10.30pm the night before. The night before what? Before my life turns upside down again? SIGH! I’m actually quite enjoying having a ‘normal’ life at the moment and could really do without more traumas and upset right now. That said, it’s been a trying week with the treatment looming. Tears, tantrums and generally erratic behaviour! Managing to exercise though, back on the bike and attempting to run badly! Definatly good for the soul. I almost wonder if I’m going to feel better once the first dose is out the way. Hope so. And, I’m sure this will sound crackers, but I’m actually looking forward to having permission to rest. I’m so utterly exhausted (in a nice way) from running around, trying to fit in this and that, go here and there, see him and her - all before the unknown world of chemo. As of tomorrow, I’m on strike. Officially on the sofa if anyone wants to find me, ha! 

So, feeling more frightened of the chemotherapy than the C, scared, apprehensive and fearful - yet curious to know what’s in store - the last tasty supper eaten (with no nuts, seeds, raw veg or fish - rebellious I know!!) before my taste buds are blown into oblivion, I venture off to bed to try to somehow rest before the big day…

Wish me luck, one and all xxx

P.S As today was sadly taken up with appointments for me, we will try again tomorrow to celebrate Wayne’s Birthday. When we step out of the hospital, it will no longer be about me but about dear hubby’s cake! Especially for Tilly, we WILL have candles.





1 comment:

  1. Well done with the exercise, that's great. I hope you all enjoyed the cake, you all deserve it. What film did you watch in the end? Thinking of you all and wishing Wayne a happy birthday! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to travel this journey with me.